About Nob Hill Main Street
Nob Hill Main Street is a grassroots collaboration of dedicated residents, small businesses, and community organizations working together with local government agencies to revitalize blighted areas in the Nob Hill urban community. We established ourselves as an emerging Main Street community in 2009.
The National Main Street Program was formed 34 years ago by the National Trust for Historic Preservation. Under its direction, the New Mexico Main Street Program (supervised by New Mexico Economic Development) has fostered the revitalization of numerous local downtown districts across New Mexico. To learn more visit www.edd.state.nm.us
Nob Hill Main Street, Inc. was created to bring the vision of the National Main Street Program and the National Trust for Historic Preservation to Albuquerque’s Nob Hill District. To learn more visit www.preservationnation.org/main-street
To be an economically successful mixed-use community that is an attractive place to live, work, and visit, that celebrates its history, enhances the built environment, nurtures the arts, and serves as a catalyst for sustainable community development within our neon gateways.
To build a vibrant Nob Hill through economic development, education, promotion, historic preservation, beautification, and community engagement.
- Preserve, protect and enhance the cultural diversity of the local business district and its unique historic architectural character through responsible redevelopment practices.
- Deepen collaborative relationships between business organizations, neighborhood associations, and local government agencies to revitalize the unique southwest urban environment of Nob Hill.
- Assist small, local business owners by creating a district brand, consolidating marketing efforts, and providing the educational tools to attain sustainable economic development.
- Recruit new, diverse, and complementary businesses which will broaden the economy within the geographic area and create new job opportunities.
- Promote Nob Hill’s unique characteristics and location as the premier district to attract tourists, business visitors, locals, and newcomers seeking to relocate in Albuquerque.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Kurt Oelsner | President | Owner, ChocolateDude
Adam Moffett | Vice President | Owner, Slice Parlor
Katrina Arndt | Secretary | Planner, Dekker/Perich/Sabatini
Chris Smith | Immediate Past President | Owner & Qualifying Broker, NM Real Estate Now
Walt Arnold | Board Member | Managing Director, Walt Arnold Commercial Brokerage, Inc.
Sharmin Dharas | Board Member | Owner, University Lodge
Jennifer Facio | Board Member | Architect, Dekker/Perich/Sabatini
Robert Munro | Board Member | Managing Member, O’Niell’s Management, LLC
Sham Naik | Board Member | Owner, Bistronomy B2B
Patrick O’Connell | Board Member | Director, Planning and Resources, Public Service Company of New Mexico
Skye Devore | Board Member | Owner, Tractor Brewing Co.